Wednesday 13 May 2009

Problem with Truck, Spoke too Soon!

Me and my big mouth lol. I got as far as Medicine Hat when I lost power from the engine the 'check engine' warning light came on so I pulled over looked under the hood and yep the engine was still there lol.

There was no bangs or rattles no black smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe so I carried on, the only way to drive the truck after that was to change gear manually with max high revs and keep it in 11th gear. It was about 12pm Sunday so what could I do if I stopped wait until Monday to get it fixed ? then I would of lost so much time they might of given the load to a team it was no hassle just slow up the hills but thank god there are not many hills this side of Winnipeg.

I parked up for the night at the husky at Regina and left the next morning this time it took me 30 minutes to get past 45mph but once I got going down a hill there was no stopping me lol the plan was to drive to a Freightliner workshop at Brandon that way I still started at 4am and got 4 hours driving out the way. I made all the phone calls and was told to take it to the Freightliner at Brandon Manitoba (good job I was already there) after I had a bite to eat at the husky across the road I took it over.

When I got there I was told I had to wait until about 4pm I said 'your having a laugh forget it I will take it to Freightliner at Winnipeg' blimey it was only 830am I wasn't going to wait all day! Funny but they soon found someone to look at it for me once I said I will take it somewhere else!!

It only took 15-20 minutes to fix, it was the turbo boost valve I think the total time I lost from the first time I stopped until it was fixed including the slow speed was about an hour so I done the best thing by keep going until freightliner opened on Monday morning and I made up the time I lost because the truck pulls much better up hill than it used to.

No comments: