Monday 18 May 2009

I left Upsala in Ontario and drove to Ignace then I phoned on road repairs to sort out getting my truck fixed they told me to take it to TK in Winnipeg.


As I left Ignace there was a truck that went off the road on to the soft shoulder and sunk (I know the feeling lol) he was getting pulled out so the cops closed the road off for about 15 minutes. There was loads of chat on the CB about the drivers poor driving then I said 'how do you know its his fault he could of been run off the road it has happened to me a number of times' then everyone was blaming Trans X and other company's for all the poor driving lmao!


I chatted to a few guys on the CB they asked me where I was from and why I am driving a truck in Canada they were a nice bunch of guys they asked me what it was like working for H&R I told them it was great just problems with the tripak and the truck being cold when it packed up. They asked what we get paid per mile when I told them they thought it was good money even 2 owner drivers said they would sell up and get a job with H&R for that sort of money lol.


I drove with an owner driver called Mark we had a good laugh and chat right up to the Winnipeg ring road. I told him about the black bear and that I missed getting a picture of it. Well, it seems like this bear is in the same spot every day he got a good picture of it the last time he went past and he is going to send me it so i'll put it on here.


We stopped in the Petro pass fuel station just before Winnipeg for a bite to eat we had been chatting for the last few hours so it was nice to get out and meet each other then we both went our separate ways. I went off to get my tripak fixed it took them 5.5 hours to fix it then stopped to get fuel at Headingley. I drove on for a couple more hours, when I stopped I was so tired I was in bed less than 2 minutes after stopping!


I got to Saskatoon at 3.30pm I dropped the trailer and went around to the Husky truck stop. I went and had a shower then had something to eat with a guy named Adrian I have met this guy a couple of times he really is a nice guy he showed me pics of black bears that he had taken and told me a place to take my wife to see when she comes over.


Its time for bed now when I get up tomorrow I gotta do my washing (where's the wife when I need her lol) my trailer will not be ready until 2pm so I can have a lay in as well.

No comments: