Wednesday 13 May 2009

Bloody CB jargon

I was driving along between Longlac Ontario and Hearst Ontario when over the CB I heard a truck driver tell us to watch out for a Bear on the left he was sitting there watching the trucks go by, I thought to myself that's great we are over 100 km/h from the nearest town and a bloody cop is sat watching for trucks speeding in the middle of nowhere. For those that don't know the word 'bear' on the CB means 'cop'.



It wasn't until I got close that I saw a small black bear sitting about 50 feet from the road just watching the trucks go by!! As I approached he rolled over and started to rub his back on the ground with his paws in the air it was a lovely sight I couldn't get my camera ready in time to take a pic and there was a Day & Ross truck up my arse so couldn't slam the brakes on..... anyway it might of scared the bear off!
It was my first sighting of a bear in Canada and I hope to get to see many more, it was beautiful.
The same day I hit a fox I didn't mean too... it ran out in between me and another truck, I felt terrible after. I didn't kill it which made it worst I could see it in my mirror dragging its back end across the road when the shock sets in it would of died, poor thing. I also saw for the very first time (close up) 2 moose. At first I thought they looked like a horse until they turned around, from what I have been told they were female moose because they had no horns or antlers. Lovin it!!

No comments: