Wednesday 13 May 2009

One more trip to Montreal

When I got back On Friday I posted my passport to the American Embassy so when I get back from Montreal it should be waiting for me with a new visa so my next trip will be going south.


On the way to Montreal my truck had a small fault which I got fixed the first night I stayed at the husky in Regina after a shower it was time for bed I just went out like a light it must of been all the traveling I have done.

Then I got the truck fixed at Brandon then it was a nice drive to Winnipeg for fuel. I have done this trip about 12 times now and each time I see something different the sun was out the whole trip and I had the air con on all the way.


I got to the Manitoba and Ontario border when I heard a Canadian truck driver over the CB shout Canada sucks I said you should try Europe that really sucks lol he laughed and we chatted for the next few hours there was 4 of them carrying army trucks I said I used to do the same work in the UK and loved it.


When we got to Ignace for the night we all went in and had a bit to eat together (nice bunch of guys). I told him about the work I used to do in the UK and was offered a job there and then with more money. I am happy at H&R, like I said its not about the money for me I like my job here and my truck is set up how I want it and I have got a great dispatcher so why change (will keep his number just in case lol).


I think every driver out here is trying to recruit drivers. Just this trip alone I was given 2 other numbers to ring but I told the drivers I was happy here they both gave me a strange look lol.


I don't know what is going on with the work but the Trans Canadian Highway seemed very empty to me I saw plenty of H&R trucks about but not many other trucks I got into the husky at New Liskeard Ontario at 815pm local time (6.15pm my time) and the place was empty I could park anywhere I wanted it was great (no WI-FI). I went and had my shower, normally I am in and out pretty quick but the last couple of showers I've had I've been in there for ages just relaxing its been lovely.


I left New Liskeard at 4.30am after my pre trip then stopped at the Husky at North Bay for fuel I made sure my tanks were full right to the top then I have enough fuel to get me to Montreal and back to North Bay. Sometimes it to much hassle to get fuel in Montreal the last time they swapped it to a Esso which I didn't know where it was but I have just looked and its back to the Petro so I will fuel there and get a free shower.


I got to Montreal at 1pm no point in going to try and get this load off early (since when has a french man done an English man a favour) lol! I parked in my usual spot outside Mac Donald's and went window shopping in the big shopping mall.


I have a 3am delivery which is only 12 miles from here so will have a kip and start at 2am then once I am tipped I have got to have 24 hours off before I can run back to Calgary which is fine with me as I like looking around the shops here there are so many.


I have picked up another addiction whilst being in Canada and its a subway sandwich lol I have one every day and some of the Lady's at a couple of the places I stop at just ask me if I want my normal sandwich lol.

1 comment:

andy said...

hi mike,another good read.
nice too know that the people in the subway can remember faces,especially when they know what bloody sandwich you have.
take care,safe driving