Saturday 16 May 2009

Pissed off driver!

Why is it that the people in charge at H&R go out of there way to piss drivers off. The very last thing I want to do is sleep in a truck while the engine is running.

When I joined H&R they gave me truck 3165 to drive which has been a good truck but from time to time the tripac has played up. This last week has been very hot I have been driving along with the aircon on.

When I woke up this morning it was raining heavy but the closer I got to Longlac the harder it snowed I am parked at a place called Upsala in Ontario and the tripac has packed up again! This means the night heater will not work... not a problem I can run the truck just for tonight then get it fixed tomorrow... no such luck I turned on the truck and the thing cut out again!! When I went home for 2 weeks they put the idol ban back on my truck which means I am in the middle of no where and going to freeze in my truck.

Last year a driver froze to death in his truck at the Husky in Swift Current, so surely to god they wouldn't want to risk that, would they??

The big shame of this all is I love working for this company but they have no idea on how to make a driver happy if the driver is happy then he will stay..... rant over..... gissa job someone lol

7 comments:

JBMChad said...

man there's tons of other companies out there doing the exact same type of work your doing for the same wage same miles same routes less bullshit. H and R is one of the only companies i've seen that fit all their trucks with those stupid lawnmower motors. Don't feel bad for quitting, I follow your blog regularly and you seem to have your fair share of struggles with them, there's lots of other companies where the grass is greener so to speak. There is no way a company that operates in Canada should be allowed to fit their trucks to that they cant be idled if need be. Thats complete horseshit in my opinion and too many bean counters in the office trying to get their quarterly raise so they can buy that new BMW they've been eyeing up. Sure every company is gonna hve their strengths and weaknesses but I think you can find a company that you will enjoy to work for. Driver should never have to worry about sleeping uncomfortably in their truck, if I were you everytime that POS piled up id check myself into the fanciest hotel i could find and give the bill to the head boss direct when you see him next. Best wishes brother

Tony T said...

Sounds like it's time to take some one up on the jOB Offers Mike that you say you have had !!!!!

i WOULD NOT STAND FOR ANY OF IT AT ALL MATE..

All the best Tony T

briandoh said...

hi mike

i agree with JBMC, there is no way u should have to put up with half the things that company is throwing at there drivers
i was recently offered a job with them after an interview with Lyndon but after reading your blog and many other drivers im not sure wot to do now

take care

Martin said...

Mike,

No-one could blame you for walking away from that crap!! Well, I suppose you'd have to be careful you didn't get abuse from one of the management for changing jobs too often!! LOL

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

M.

Dave Caldwell said...

Mike, no one can say you didn't give it a go. Even when things were not going well you stuck up for them and defended them.
As you say enough is enough!
Keep looking and eventually you will find something that suits, unfortunately there are lots of unscrupulous employers in North America, I am on my 5th one in 2 years lol
Stay safe, Dave

Dave Caldwell said...

Not sure who Martin is having a dig at in his comment lmfao!!!!

englishmike said...

Thanks guys for the nice comments I got my truck fixed now and calmed down and a good think about my next move. I will go in and have a chat with managment before I make a move because I have got a great dispatch guy and earning a lot of money i have been working here 6 months and i have only had 2moans about the cold truck but other than that i really do love it here its not a bad company to work for so will see what they have to say mike