Tuesday 28 April 2009

Free wi-fi hotspot

On our trip back across Canada me and George (the big trip) were chatting about how to make a pop up on our blogs showing where you get free Wi-fi in Canada and America but for 2,000 miles we still couldn't come up with an answer the only idea we came up with was to have a link on our blogs one for Canada and one for America each of the links listing all the states and areas.

We would like a form where other readers could add free hotspots they find on their travels as well as naming all the good trucks stops where you get good food and other places to park.

If there is anyone who reads our blogs that can help us to make these links we would be very grateful and it would help out so many other drivers.

I did have a look on the Internet and I did find this site so for the time being this is all I can add but it would be great if we had our own links where trucks could park as it would be hard to park a truck with a 53 foot trailer outside some of these wi-fi hotspots lol.

http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/browse/ca/
I am going to buy one of these tomorrow which will save me driving around with laptop on dash looking for a connection lol. George and Mick if you want one they cost 15 pounds let me know before the 7th May

3 comments:

BOB said...

hi ther mate hope your trip home is going good for you .I thinck if you put on your blogg where you can get free internet there is a poss they will close the inter net spot down so you can not get it so yes in some place,s it is a good indi and some it,s not ..if you get time please have a look at my blogg and let me now what you thinck . will have a good time at home ......keep it sunny side up ..bob(bosshog on his travles )

englishmike said...

Hi bob there are so many free hotspots in truck stops and rest areas in America all I won't to do is show people where they are if its free I can't see it will be a problem telling anyone I was going to add any site that is not free. I will look at your blog now Bob. I am enjoying my time off I will be back to work on the 8th May so just chillin out at mo. Mike

mickfly said...

Eyup Mike.
Thanks for the loan of the car, i'll make sure it is kept in my sight as much as possible.
I'll have a look for one of those gadgets lol.