Sunday 26 April 2009

Empty truck

After I got back from Montreal they asked me if I wanted to do a swap at Winnipeg but they could not promise getting me back to Lethbridge for my reset. I turned down the swap which my dispatch guy understood and picked up a trailer out of Highriver to drop in Lethbridge yard and had my reset but they thought I was off until the 8th May.

They wanted my truck for a full service which was not a problem so I booked into the Sandman for two nights but ended up in the Lethbridge Lodge due to their hot water and internet problems. The weather was great until just after dinner then it started to snow I went to the Sandman with Mick and Cath had a good night then the next day I drove to the airport. I drove up in my car with Mick and Cath and they drove it back they are coming back to the UK on the 8th and I am returning on the 8th it just saves getting taxi's to and from H&R's yard at Calgary.

Regarding my moan about the Sandman... it was the hot water and slow Internet that made me angry not the staff in fact the staff are great you always get a big smile and most of them know my name and always call out to me asking how I have been. I will still go to the Sandman to see friends when I am in Lethbridge but I just won't stay there anymore.

No comments: