Sunday 26 April 2009

Back in the UK

I am back in the uk now for 2 weeks. Its my daughters 16th birthday on the 29th April. I told Cassie and Dee that I could not come home but I had booked the tickets without them knowing but Dee sent me a nasty E-mail so I had to tell her lol!

I had to stay in a hotel (it made the Sandman hotel look like the Ritz ) Friday night as the party was not until Saturday. When I booked out of the hotel Dee sneaked me in to our house without Cassie knowing and I had to stay in our bedroom until 9pm. Dee told Cassie I was going to ring her at 9pm, she was upset because I couldn't come but you should of seen her face when I walked around the corner with a birthday cake in my hands. She burst out crying and so did a few others it was great to see my daughter's face. A friend of the family brought Cassie a small cake earlier in the day with one candle on when she blew it out she made a wish and the wish was for me to be there at her party but as far as she knew I was still in Canada!! So it was a successful evening and worth all the hiding in the hotel and bedroom.

6 comments:

Tony T said...

Hi Mike
What a nice post.
Quite emotional read but good.
Hope u have a good holiday.

Ps, my brother was quite Inspired after speaking to u and George the other week on the T/C/Highway....

All the best Tony T

englishmike said...

Hi Tony thanks mate. It was great chatting to your brother as well.I was planning to have a relaxing break but the wife has found a few jobs she wants me to do lol chat soon Mike

Mick Flynn Images said...

Hi Mike, Dee told me you were hiding in the bedroom, it gave me a little laugh. Glad you had a good time.
speak to you soon
Cath

mickfly said...

Bet you were crying as well Mike.

P.S. left a message on Skype mate...take a look.

andy said...

you big old softie you!
i bet she was really made up

englishmike said...

Hi Andy she was over the moon she wouldn't let me go for about 10 minutes lol it was a good party she had a great time my mother in law burst out crying lol mike