Thursday 16 April 2009

About Eddie

I have had a few people ask me about young Eddie. Sadly he no longer works for H&R and I have only had one E-mail from him.



The following was sent to me by Eddie....



aahh its me auwld shipmate i thought id never hear from ya again we had some laffs though didnt we if there was any one in the sandman that i had a good bit a craic with it was you friend do you remember the time we got back from walmart on the bus real late and we ended up havin to walk to the drivethrough and with out a car and get in line just the two of us and walk up to the window in a line of traffic and order two spicey chicken meals ha ha ha ha that was what its all about we had a good old jolly that day mate didnt we or the time we went to walmart to price the bed in a bag and that lady who told us she was gona get the sack and stayed with you for over an hour you got the best deals ever on quilts and bed sheets pillows and more the shoppin trolly was jam packed with goodies she wasent gona get the sack not if we had anything to do with it but if i remember correctly mike from the letter we wrote to management the lady in question got a commindation from her team leader and management of walmart and rightly so i will say one thing about you mike you werent a whinger like some of the people in the sandman i was told a lot of rubbish but i stayed away from it cause i knew a poisened challace was being passed around in that bar mate i think you know what im on about . waat about the time your air lines went ape shit and wrapped around your drives man that was a close one but we stayed cool calm and collect that is until i drove up on the scales with me axles looking like the wheels on a babys pramb i think i actually seen jets of steam coming out of your ears that day ha ha ha ha im keeping well mike and yes i am following your blog hope you and your family are keeping the finest and well. but i did enjoy the time driving but i think d. foder just had his mind made up last i was told from steve whittaker was i was going on a mentor trip with you to california next thing i know is i got a ratty message from foder by macro saying a flight had been booked and i was leaving in a few days i didnt want to go but there ya have it from the horses mouth but i will keep in touch and follow your blog and im very happy that your living your dream cause i know how much the open road and truckin means to ya f--k sake mate i was in the same boat well even if there was a few holes in my boat it could have easily been fixed keep us posted on any updates mike lookin forward to see what part of the u.s.a you end up in next god bless regards eddie the leprachauen



Eddie you forgot to say about all the irish jokes you told me while we were waiting for the bus. I have never had such laugh in all my life lol and only an irish man would ever think of walking in to a drive in and ordering some burgers. We looked a right couple of idiots stood between the cars lol. It was a great 6 weeks with you mate hopefully if all my plans come off you will always be welcome in my house whether its in Canada or the UK. Please will you send me another e-mail telling me and all the other guys what you're up to and where you're working.
There have been so many drivers and people who read my blog asking after you. Whatever you send me I will add to my blog so everyone can see how you are and you can keep them updated via my blog. The first thing the dutch lads ask when they see me is how is young Eddie, Hank and Bart are always asking after you.
Every time a Greyhound bus goes by I look at the driver just to make sure its not you lol.

1 comment:

Tony T said...

Hello Mike,
I see u met up with my Brother Dave Taylor who works for Erb last week.
That was a chance in a Million to meet up with 2 people i keep an eye out on the Blog.

Regards Tony T
http://truckingwithtonyt.blogspot.com/