Saturday 11 April 2009

Catch up time

My trip back from Montreal was good because I was rolling my hours. I couldn't do long days so it took me 1 day longer to get back which made the drive very relaxed and enjoyable loads to see and the weather was great.

I dropped the trailer in Calgary yard and picked up a trailer to tip out in Calgary and Lethbridge. On the way down to Lethbridge I stopped at Highriver to look at a car as you can see from my pics I brought it.

A couple I get on very well with also brought a car about a week earlier and they said if I need a lift to look at any then give them a call which was good of them. Shona picked me up from H&R and took me to the bank then to get insurance then to register the car then she took me up to pick it up, it was a 200 mile round trip, now that's what you call friends. A thank-you meal was the least I could do.

I paid $1300 for a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan the reason I got it so cheap was there is some small damage to the passenger side sliding door which as I am typing this it is being fixed and its going to cost me $700 but if I brought a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan I would be looking to pay around $3500-$4000 so I think I got a good deal and it drives great.

I got Dee to get my no claims discount from my insurance company in the UK so it only cost me $421 for the year Plus $85 to register it.

The next day I met up with Shona again this time she took me to see some show homes so I know where to bring Dee when she comes over. It really was nice spending sometime with a friend because most of the time you are one your own hopefully I will meet up with Colin soon too.

It feels really good now having a car to run around in it saves walking every where and it gets me away from the truck and H&R. I still sleep in the truck at night when I am in Lethbridge because I have set it up how I want it so why pay for a hotel!

No comments: