Tuesday 14 April 2009

American Embassy (at long last)

I had to get a taxi to the American Embassy but they told me it would be at least 30-45 minutes before one would be able to pick me up. That would of made me late for my appointment and it took me 2 months to get this one!
I spoke to Hutch told him the problem I had and quick as a flash he dropped me outside the Embassy with 15 minutes to spare so a big thanks to Hutch... that’s 2 I owe him now lol.

I had a 2 hour wait in the Embassy then they told me I had to send in my passport when they are ready for it so I am just waiting for the e-mail now then once I get that back it will be time to go home for 2 weeks then when I get back I will be able to go into America.

When I was finished at the Embassy I had a few hours to spare so I went shopping for a new laptop I had seen one I really liked in The Future store at Thunder Bay but I wanted to check out the prices at Best Buy (and didn’t want to pay the tax in Ontario) Wow am I glad I did, the laptop at The Future store was a Aspire 5535 For $649 the one at Best Buy was Aspire 6530 so it was the next one up for the same price.
The hard drive and ram are double the size in the Aspire 6530 so I got a good deal. It has a built in web cam a surround sound system and a 16 inch screen 4gig ram and 320 gig hard drive with Hdmi and so many new buttons I keep pressing the wrong one lol.

I have tried to get on-line but you don’t get much chance (either too busy, too tired or no internet) in Canada so I have started to save my blog to Microsoft word then I can add the lot when I do get the chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mick this is the first time i have spoken to you can you tell me where you got your B1 visa renewed, and how much they charged thanks. my email address is stephenfielden@msn.com thanks and i enjoy the Blogg