Thursday 12 February 2009

Not alot of work at the moment

I am sat in the Lethbridge Lodge hotel at the moment my truck is in the workshop having a full service. I am restricted to Canada for a few weeks until I renew my b1/b2 visa otherwise I would of been on my way to California so I am a bit gutted that my visa had run out (I will get over it). Just like in Europe its a bit slow after Christmas so when my truck gets out of the workshop today I have a trailer to run to Calgary and the Calgary office have a job for me so I won't lose out to much.

I bumped into a new driver last night who has been hearing some bad stories about H&R and wanted my views. After we spoke for a while he was a lot happier its such a shame that drivers have to try and put new drivers off.

One size does not fit all just because there are a few drivers who are unhappy doesn't mean we all are, every driver is different. I hear some bad stories in the bar but just because it happened to that driver doesn't mean its going to happen to you. I came here with an open mind I get my job then get out of town asap then its just me and the open road.

Everyone who comes to work in Canada has their own reason for coming, my reason is like most of the Brit drivers just got fed up with the UK and want a better life for my family. I came here on my own to see if this is the place we could make as our new home and I love it here the people are nice the country is great and the views are out of this world.

There are days when things don't go to plan and jobs go wrong and your sat around for a few days doing nothing and getting no money but they have been few and far between for me so if you can take the rough with the smooth then there is no reason why you can't make it here.

There are many Brit drivers here with families that you don't even know of because they haven't got blogs you don't get to hear their side of the H&R story but if you spoke to them they would tell you the same as I have, just get on with the work and don't bother listening to the stories.

One family I can tell you about because when I tell you his name everyone will know who I am on about is Lyndon. Lyndon looked into coming to Canada with his family and came here with both eyes wide open he never came with a big pot of money but has worked hard since he got here he never bothered with the stories you hear he just got one with the job like so many other Brit drivers do(no point in telling you all their names you wouldn't know them). In the 2 years he has been here his family live in a 5 bedroom house they have 2 cars and are very happy here they have worked hard for what they have. He has spent many hours e-mailing drivers helping them out when he can and he has even taken a few of us to his house to meet his family and show you what hard work over here could get you. What I am trying to say is if you come here and work hard and just get on with it you will get your dream.

One driver I will mention is big Phil (hello love lol) he gets on with the job as well and works hard lol (saves you sending me a comment about you working hard as well lol). There are hundreds of drivers here who work hard and love it here and only a handful who don't like it here (why do they stay if is as bad as they say)!

No comments: