Tuesday 10 February 2009

Back to work now

Month over now its time for work. I have brought back 2 mates of mine ( Dave & Jason) so they can have interviews with H&R. They picked me up from my house saving my wife from taking me to the airport. It was upsetting saying goodbye to my wife and daughter again but something I have to get used to. The traffic going up the M3 was very bad, stop start most of the way but we very nearly didn't make it past Winchester thanks to a dipstick car driver not looking in the mirrors but luckily Jason was very quick in moving out the way. We got to Heathrow airport with about 2 hours to spare we just booked in and went to get something to eat (the meals are so small on the plane) The plane was on time no hold ups and we took off about 20 minutes late because of the big traffic jam on the runway there were planes everywhere. The flight was good, I watched 4 films and because we were sat at the back next to the flight attendants we were offered all the spare meals and ice cream (I had 3 ice creams mmmm lol) me and Dave had a spare seat between us and we stocked up on cans of coke at one time there was 6 cans there! It was the best flight I had been on (Air Canada). While on the plane we said about going to the flying J truck stop in Calgary for our evening meal Dave and Jay had never been to Canada or America so they were looking forward to going to the truck stop but by the time we landed and got our hire car it was still early and we were still stuffed by all the extra food we got so when we did get to the truck stop we weren't that hungry! The weather was a surprise it was hot and very sunny we left the UK with heavy rain. We drove down to the Sandman Hotel booked in and we just went to our rooms and that was it for the night. I have just woken up and had my shower so I am sat here drip drying while I am updating my blog. I spoke to Lyndon and he told me my truck was parked in the yard so hopefully I will get my old truck back and its 8.15 am now so I will ring H&R and see whats going to happen today.

No comments: