Tuesday 9 September 2008

T-mobile dongle

The T-mobile dongle I have works in the same way as a mobile, you just plug it into your laptop and if there is a signal (just like the signal you get with a mobile) you can pick up the internet. After I signed a 2 year deal with T-mobile I found out about H&R. I was just going to leave it in the drawer and forget about it but I rang T-mobile and told them I was going to be driving around America and Canada. They told me I could take it but it would cost me (now there's a surprise)! I pay £20 a month for 3 gig so I will still be paying the £20 but I will have to pay for every gigabite I use at a cost of £1.50 a gig. If you are lost now so am I lol! In the UK you get 3 gig for £20 a month but abroad you get nothing for £20 but it will cost you £1.50 a gig. I have used it since December 2007 in the UK to go on line to chat and to look at websites. I don't down load music or videos and since I have had it I have not used 1 gig. Now you get to use 3 gig every month so it looks like it will only cost me an extra £1.50 a month. DO NOT USE 3 OR ANY OTHER DONGLE because you use up your allowance by just looking at web pages just ask in Carphone warehouse they will explain more. Another thing, if you are new to computers down load Skype I have paid for a years subscription of unlimited calls to landlines and I have just brought a USB phone. When I am over the pond I can plug the phone into my laptop and ring any landline in the world for free. (It works I have tried it lol)

2 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

This is Mick, I'm having to post as Cath coz you don't allow anonymous logins on your comment page.

Thanks for the info Mike, we know that Lisa and Kev use flying J internet accounts so all the info we get will help us decide what we should do, but I download a ton of music, so would need a good bandwidth allowance.
Have a great flight and enjoy the read (I will have to get the same book lol).

englishmike said...

Hi Mick A mate of mine told me the internet service at the flying j is not as good as it used to be, when he first went to Canada he could pick up the wifi service from his truck. But now there is 2 levels of service and the service he has paid for he has problems picking up wifi from his truck. Mind you it could be his laptop I don't know like you I ask from everyone so I know what to expect when I get there.