Tuesday 30 September 2008

Met Lyndon & Jan

I rang Lyndon to have a chat about the mentor trip on Tuesday, he invited me to his house for a Sunday lunch (after 21/2 weeks of burgers and fries how could I say no lol). Lyndon and his lovely wife Jan picked me up from the Sandman hotel and took me for a drive around Raymond. It's a small town but very nice and no yobs on the corners of the streets. They showed me around their house which has 5 bedrooms & I met Luke their son. We sat down to a roast dinner and spent the rest of the night chatting about their move to Canada and how much they love it over here. We also chatted about ways of saving money when you're out and about in a truck & where to get the free showers and coffees when you fill up with fuel. I stayed the night in their guest room, I have been finding it hard to sleep since I've been here & I fell alseep as soon as my head hit the pillow. In the morning I had a very bad headache and I didn't feel too well, Lyndon and Jan got within 200 feet of H&R to drop me into work then they had to stop and let me out where I was sick!! They dropped me back to the hotel & it seems there is a nasty bug going around. I spent the rest of the day on the bed asleep. I woke up at about 7pm. Later on I had a shower & I have made a number of complaints as one minute the waters boiling & the next freezing. I had just covered myself in soap when it turn burning hot I moved out of the way pretty sharpish but I lost my footing and fell backwards through the shower curtain I hit my bad arm and head on the side where the sink is and landed on my back on the floor if it wasn't for the shower curtain slowing my fall down I could of been really hurt but as it is it's only my arm that hurts a bit (yeah ok you can stop laughin now)!!

5 comments:

Lyndon said...

yeah, sorry about poisoning ya 8-)

jean said...

i started to laugh about your shower you could have gone through the floor lol.but then i though oh my god your arm is it ok now. and whats this all the burgers you are eating i thought we were going to diet i have lost a stone allready and i have less to loose than you.hope you are feeling better now. i am reading your blog all the time and see dee every day.so take care luv yah mom xxxxxlafciib

George A said...

Hope your feeling better and glad you enjoyed your 1st solo run.. not sure to call you Jakeknife, Po box or sick note !!!!!!!!!!

bright side get the bad luck out the way before you hit the road for real ?

highway to hell said...

That's funny p***ing myself laughing. Sorry i mean hope you are ok etc etc... How are you getting on with the phone ? I may be kicking around the Sandman t.m afternoon if you are about i know you said you going on mental trip with Lyndon ( the poisoner) have you gone already ?

Jim.

highway to hell said...

Yep no problem i am at the chiropractor at 11.45 to re-allighn my spine or whatever cruel pain they wish to afflict on my person , so if i am able to walk afterwards i will call in !

Jim