Friday 26 September 2008

A big thank you to everyone for the nice comments

Thank you for the nice comments. I am sat in my hotel room now waiting on a possible trip over the mountains to British Columbia. If the trip comes off I will be going tomorrow and should be back Monday. I will be going out for 2 weeks with Lyndon (so I can get him to show me how to do all the fancy bits on here lol) and while I am with him he can show me all the other bits like what to do at the border and paper work etc. Don't know where they will be sending us, I would love it to be New York because that is one place I would like someone at my side plus I just love New York. Its got very hot and sunny again it seems to be chilly in the morning and too hot in the afternoon (no I'm not moaning). I can't wait to get my truck. I have already brought some things but I know I have loads more to buy but i'll wait to cross into Montana (no tax to pay lol) Gotta get the big things like a fridge microwave CB etc. I brought my 10.5 inch digital tv from england with me and it works over here so I won't be spending money on that. The last 2-3 days I have spent all my spare time transfering my music from my laptop to my new ipod (and no I didn't use that rubbish itunes software to do it), been a nightmare but I got there in the end, well it's the first time I've had an ipod so had to learn how to do it, it's taken up some time though because once the driving lessons stop and everything is sorted it can get pretty boring. I have to go to the launderette soon and that'll be the highlight of my day, how sad is that. Can't wait to get out on the road!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll do a post about your shopping spree for all the new drivers who will be coming out.

englishmike said...

I will Mick so many over here have told me to wait till I get to Montana before I buy anything big. I know I brought my ipod in Wal-mart but I brought one for my daughter in America in July 08 it cost $250 before tax and I brought an ipod the same as hers the other day for $210 so I had to buy it. I am going to pay a little more for a side band CB so if a dipstick comes on the side and gives you hassle then just flick it over to side band.

jean said...

hi mike i did send you a comment but i am only learning this and i am so slow it is painful to watch and i dont know where my message went so i will write it again well done on passing your test i am very proud of you now you can start to live your dream take care luv you mom xxxxxx

terry said...

knowing your taste in music..I can only imagine the crap you`ve got on that ipod :-)