Monday 15 September 2008

Sunday no work or test

I thought Sunday would be boring as we could not hire a car. But I met up with George an H&R driver. We had a nice long chat about everything and anything. I asked him what the trucks were like inside, he said if I wanted we could walk around to the yard and have a look in his truck it was only a 20 minute walk so I jumped at the chance, it would help the day go by. We meet up with Eddie he came with us but just as we were going one of the dutch lads said he would give us a lift great only had to walk back lol. It was nice to see the trucks I have spent months just looking at the pics but it feels good siting in one. We went and had lunch then me and Ed jumped on the bus and asked to go to Wal-Mart the bus driver said it would be a long bus ride as we got on the bus on the wrong side of the road but hey we had plenty of time so what the hell. It was actually better than hiring a car because you saw more of Lethbridge. Spent the rest of the day looking around shops and walking to get something to eat got a great deal on an ipod, much cheaper than in the UK. True what they say, if you didn't know you were in Canada you'd think you were in America. Can't get over how clean the place is, it's lovely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it true what they say about Canada?
They use litter bins instead of just dropping stuff on the floor, or chucking it out the car windows?

Mick Flynn Images said...

Hi Mike
I don't know if my hubby mick has already posted a comment, but it is good to see that you and your new friend are getting chance to chill out a little.

englishmike said...

Hi mick, in answer to your question 'what's a litter bin?' lol. Went out for a walk late the other night and there were no yobs throwing beer bottles all over the place, no yobs in fact. Feels really safe to walk at night. Everyone appears to keep their gardens nice, you know what I haven't seen one sofa or freezer in anyones front garden lol. Some, and I state, some brits are a minging lot. I've heard Canada was particulary clean and it is from what I've seen, definately shows the Uk up.