Sunday 28 September 2008

Saturday

I asked if there was any work to be done & I was offered a run up to Calgary with a new Freightliner Cascadia now how could I say no to that! It was great, at long last I was out in a truck driving in Canada. I had to pick up my ol' mate Eddie from a hotel in Highriver and take him to Calgary so he could pick up a truck. Then we both bobtailed to High river to pick up 2 trailers heading for California. The laws in California are a bit different than the rest of America so we had to set our axles and weigh the trailers. Then off to Lethbridge where we dropped the trailers in the yard and picked up 2 others to go to a place called Brooks. We didnt know where we were going but we did have a sat nav yeah great (not)!! The poxy thing took us into the town to a post box in the post office! (I bet you cant guess what I said next lol). If you think that was bad it gets worse, I went round a tight bend at nr Jackknife Point & the springs that hold the air lines up stretched too far and the lines dropped between the wheels! Then after near hitting my my nose on the windscreen in the middle of the road the truck stopped at the lights, I got out & saw the lines wrapped between the wheels (I bet you can't guess what I was thinking lol) yep you're right (you lot know me too well)! I made a call to H&R and waited for someone to come and help . This guy turned up within 15 minutes & within 30 minutes I was in his work shop with the truck fitting new hoses... now thats what you call service. All the time Eddie was sat behind me because I had no lights. After the guy fixed the truck he told me he saw us driving in the town he said he was going to stop us and tell us we are in the wrong place but he said he was in a rush to get home. I said if you had stopped us and told us you would be in bed now and not fixing a bloody truck late at night! which we both laughed at. We stayed at his yard for the night which was next door to where we wanted to be so in a roundabout way he did show us where to go lol. Next day we did the trailer swap with couple of other H&R drivers. But it was a great chance to get behind the wheel. Take out all the hold ups (Ed lol) I had a good time and enjoyed myself, as for driving in Canada it was one of the best things I have ever done no traffic and beautiful sights, I'm happy :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good, but embarrasing start lol!

highway to hell said...

Hi Mike , yes the solo phones will charge for o8oo numbers, but if you look at the posting i did about the phones the vox global cards are a 1866 number which the solo phones do not charge for, all phones in canada and the u.s charge for incoming calls ! thats why they be a rip off! enjoy your time with Lyndon !!!