Tuesday 9 September 2008

2 days to go

I've had 3 days off from work, I thought I would take it easy haha not with my wife, she worked me like a dog to get all the small jobs in and around the house done before I fly off for my jolly in Canada. Well its Tuesday now and when I have got dressed we will be going to get my dollars both American and Canadian. My wife and daughters were going to take me to Gatwick but we both know everyone would be too upset when it came to say goodbye and the last thing I needed was to walk through the airport upset so I am going to catch the coach to Heathrow and then on to Gatwick (I never said leaving my family would be easy)! Its going to be a very long day on Thursday but it'll be worth it. On the plane I will be reading a book on airbrakes (Thanks Ian from Smarts) ready for my test on Saturday morning. I am so happy I am going this week to work for H&R and make a new life in Canada ready for when my family will join me. We both know its the best way to do it and we will be in touch everyday by phone or the internet. I have a T-mobile dongle which lets me pick up the internet anywhere in the country and I have been on to the company and they have sorted it out for me so I can take it with me and all it will cost me is an extra £1.50 a gig, I have been using it since Christmas time and I have not even used a gig yet. We have just joined Skype and set out web cams up on there and wow its great and I can ring my house from my computer anywhere in the world for free as I have paid for unlimited calls to land line. I have brought my wife a mobile that has Skpe on the phone all I need is to buy one myself in America then we can ring each other using Skype all for free.

1 comment:

Mick Flynn Images said...

Hi Mike

Me and Mick both wish you the very best and a safe journey. Can you give us a bit more info on your blog about the T mobile ie do you just continue using your T mobile account.

What will be the annual cost of your internet access?

Let us know if you find Montedarlo aka Phil on the plane lol.