Saturday 13 September 2008

Air brake test

Did my air brake course and test today and I passed. The course took about 8 hours then you have to answer 25 questions I got 2 questions wrong so not bad for someone falling a sleep while reading the book lol. After we had done the course we went back to the hotel and I chatted to my wife Dee on Skype with my web cam. (Anyone coming over here and leaving family behind Skype is a great way to keep in touch I have paid a fee of £54 a year and I can ring any landline in the world for free). Don't know how anyone managed without all this technology, it must have been hard. After chatting with Dee, me and Ed went for a walk and we met up with Ian (another new H&R driver) and his wife and daughter we all went and got something to eat. We all wanted to hire a car for Sunday but you have to have a credit card to hire one so we will have to jump on the bus tomorrow. This is a real pain as I don't believe in having credit cards but it would have been useful just for the car hire. It looks lovely here from the little I've seen in Lethbridge. Just wish we could hire a car then we could have a really good explore.
Any drivers coming over to do the training don't need to worry about the courses they are easy enough and the guy who is training you Steve is a nice guy and will help you in any way he can.
As for the hotel it's great, nothing posh or over the top but its really clean and the staff are really friendly, oh and i've got a 6ft bed all to myself, heaven!

2 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

Hi Mike
Congrats on passing air brake test,glad to see everything is going ok for you.

englishmike said...

Thanks cath