Friday 14 August 2009

Wi-Fi booster

As you all know after reading my blog I try to find as much free Wi-Fi as I can but sometimes the signal is not very strong so last year I brought a Wi-Fi booster for my truck it helped a bit but not much it cost me $90 from Best Buy.

The other week when I was parked in Kamloops at the Flying J I could not get a good signal so I opened my window and stuck the booster on my mirror arm and got 2 bars so I checked my messages then the bloody booster fell of the mirror arm and landed on the floor as I got out to pick it up I missed the bottom step and landed on it lolol shit $90 down the drain.

Never mind I have been looking on the web for an even better one and found a company in America who make the type of Antenna I am looking for and today I got a very nice E-mail from the company and they told me about a new waterproof Antenna with built it booster that is powered by your USB port on your laptop they sent me a pic and it looks nice.

when it is ready for the market they will send me one to try and if it works really well I will put a big right up about it on my blog and take loads of pics of it on my truck and you will be able to order one from my blog page.(I think that's what the guy said lol).

Sorry but I can not show the pic on my blog page at the moment as I was asked to keep it to myself its still in the early stages but it should be out in about 2-3 weeks so hopefully in 3 weeks time I will not be fighting to be at the front of the Flying J to pick up there signal.

This Antenna will work with all Wi-Fi signals unlike the Wi-Fi booster the Flying J was trying to flog to drivers there one would only work in Flying J truck stops.

1 comment:

Kev & Lisa said...

Hiya Buddy,
Go on ebay.ca and search for
"wifi Booster"
There is a company in Ontario near London i think. He sells loads of boosters of various power... He's even got one that can give you 17km in line of sight! There about $150.
We got the Telus Wifi card from Road king at Calgary for use in Canada...

Kev.