Sunday 16 August 2009

Back stabbing gutless prick

I have been driving a truck for over 20 years now and there has always been backstabbing gutless idiots and there always will be. I have had a couple of nasty comments since I have been doing this blog, it doesn't bother me I have heard them all I have even been in rooms where drivers slag off drivers then and when the driver walks in they buy him a coffee.


In this job you get drivers who think they know everything you can't tell them a thing because they know it all. I have met a few idiots like that over the years and they all seem to be the same sort of guy, in there 50s-60s scruffy, single or been married 3-4 times and no friends. Slagging everyone off a right 'know it all' and can't keep their mouths shut when they get told something by a friend but they make mistakes and but keep it to themselves because their too ashamed to own up to making a mistake.


When I passed my test I had a job where I had to rope and sheet my loads my Dad taught me how to rope and sheet but when you do it on your own you are slow. This guy at the company I worked at started all the back stabbing behind my back calling me alsorts, it was pathetic, one day he said to me you stand there and watch me do it I will show you hows its done. All the time he was moaning so the next time I had to rope and sheet I went and got this old idiot, I had to listen to him moaning at me but I was young and let him get on with it.


About 10 months later I got a job doing container work so on the Friday I walked in to the mess room and said my goodbyes to some of the drivers. The same bloke sat in a corner (on his own) and said I would never make it as a truck driver. I turned around and said to him what do you know he looked up and said he knows a lot more than me and was a lot wiser than I would ever be. I turned around and said how come this 22 year old lad had got you to do all his roping and sheeting while I stood back and watched..... you should of seen his face he looked like he just sucked on a lemon lololol.


In this job you learn something new every day there are to many idiots out there who think they know everything well you don't and you'd be nothing but an idiot if you think you know everything. If you don't like my blog don't read it its as simple as that.


I have had a few e-mails from drivers who have read stuff on the Internet and its put them off. No-one has said H&R are the best company in Canada I have had my moments with them I have even told them to stick the job twice but I am still here WHY? Because the grass is not greener on the other side. I have had a couple of job interviews and as soon as I look at what they have to offer and what H&R have to offer I stay put I have got a great dispatcher a good truck and earn good money so for me I have stopped looking. Now my wife is happy to move to Canada I will ask Dave for PnP.


You can go on a web site and read the ramblings of a scruffy old know it all guy from Manitoba who told everyone one he knows a hell of a lot more about me than I think, yet we have never spoken or even met lololol. So go on Graham tell the readers something about me that I have not already published on my blog but like all know it all twats he will have nothing new to tell you which proves my point they know nothing but think they know everything!


So to new drivers.... you have to read every story and see both side's before you make your mind up. Whats good for me might not be good for you, there are loads of drivers here who are very happy but like every company you get drivers who are not happy.


I will add one bit about my mate Mick (Cath) he never got the work I got because we had different dispatcher if he had the same guy as I did it might of been a different story. I hope you come back one day Mick you were one of the good guys (and you Cath). The thing I liked about Mick was he had a bit of a go at me for changing things on my blog but he told it to my face and not hide behind a screen name. Why hide, I am not going to do anything you can say what you like you won't say anything I have not heard in the last 20 years, so grow a set of balls and put your name at least then I can reply to you and see if you are doing it better than everyone else.

1 comment:

mickfly said...

I'm sure it will never change, but although I have slagged off H&R regarding my treatment and earnings, I have never tried to put anyone off going out there, because I know that if you get the miles (and keep quiet), you can do ok with most companies, especially when you seem to have a good dispatcher.

Having said that, we will have to disagree about some of there practices.

Good to see the family enjoyed Canada so much...I thought you wouldn't be able to drag Dee across there to live, but it looks like I'm wrong!

Drive safe.