Friday 21 August 2009

Why am I Two faced!!

I got a comment from a driver saying I am 2 faced and too afraid to tell it how it really is, so here goes .

My truck broke down for the first time and I am in a hotel paid for by H&R. What should I be doing now jumping up and down screaming and shouting? No, if this was the 2nd 3rd or 4th time maybe but not the first time. As for the pay cut... we lost $5 a tip or load, WOW its not going to hurt my pocket there are drivers all over losing their jobs, at least we never got laid off. Some of my mates in the UK are on 4 days a week now that is something to moan about but not $10 a trip.

It goes to show how selfish the guy really is. There are a hell of a lot of people out there worse off than us and if I moaned about a tiny pay cut then I think I would of had a lot more complaints from people who are suffering a lot more than me. I have saved my wages since I have been here.

I don't drink or smoke if I never got paid for a whole year I would still be OK money wise so what have I got to complain about. There are pay cuts all over the world not just at H&R. I will give you a bit of inside info, the dispatchers got a pay cut (In January) and so did the workshop guys we are not the only ones, ask the guys in the workshop that got hit big time.

If you have ever read my blog the 2 moans I have had was about how cold my truck was nothing else so how does that make me 2 faced. I love driving over here its been a 30 year dream of mine and because I dare to enjoy my job I am called 2 faced, makes me laugh!!

Yes I have had a few moans about H&R but that's because of a few organisation problems. So do I leave H&R and go else where because of that, NO, every driver in the world wants different things but we all have one thing in common we have all been looking for the perfect job BUT HEY GUESS WHAT there is no such thing.

For me and this is my opinion no one else, I am not licking arse here but for me this job is as close to perfect for ME as I can get, so I, like hundreds of other H&R drivers here are happy and if all goes well I am hoping to stay with H&R for many years.

I have told H&R to stick the job twice but when I have calmed down I think about my family and what I am doing here then I just get on and enjoy the job. Some people say they work very hard over here well that's their opinion. I think this is one of the easiest jobs I have ever done I start early and finish early.

I wish the driver would come and chat to me and explain what I have done wrong! I never made a comment about the pay cut and because I enjoy my job and I want my family to move over and because I DARE say I want to stay with H&R that makes me an arse licker.

To all North American drivers.... now can you see why some of us drivers want to get out of Europe....because we are not free to say how we feel and what we like without being called an arse licker.

As for being scared to put things on my blog grow up! The only thing H&R don't want me to put on my blog is the names of the companies we go to or pick up from that's all. So why should I put second hand stories on my blog when they have nothing to do with me or put comments about pay cuts when we are lucky. It could of been an even bigger pay cut... this blog is MY blog its ABOUT ME no one else.

When you have a row with your wife you call her all the names under the sun then you spend the next 3 hours trying to explain you never meant it you were just angryat the time. Well that's the same with me when I get angry. I, like everyone else say things we don't mean then when we calm down we wished we never said some things. That's called being human not an arse licker.

I never got a reply to 2 messages I sent to American dispatch, when I rang Les I let rip on him on the phone which made him angry and then I slammed the phone down, the next day I rang Les to apologise does that make me an arse licker nope not at all. Do I really need to put bits like that on my blog, no, its my blog I'll put on it what I like if the driver is so clever why don't he have is own blog and put all the supposed bad bits on.

You might think I am putting a one sided story on my blog well I got news for you and everyone who reads my blog this blog is all about what I get up to while driving a truck in North America. NOT about rules pay cuts and why drivers leave H&R, if you want to see all of that why doesn't a driver start up a blog and put all that stuff on I'm sure you would get a lot of miserable bloody readers!!!!

8 comments:

BOB said...

Hi mike. will said mate in a way i understand a bit about all this ass kissing and all of what some one say's some one eles said. it all comes from one type of driver. I thinck thats why i stop working for a uk trucking company a long time ago 16yrs ago and have not looked back at all.will one duch company there was a lot of uk drivers there and there was a lot off this shit going on there but only with the uk driver's the duch sate back and just did not belive what was going on with them, me bye then had work for an itallen company for 6yrs and i cound not belive what the problem was. so mate you now what to do and dont let it get to you do it your way and f--- the rest your haveing your dream and it's comeing true mate my hate come's off to all who make it work ...

englishmike said...

Hi Bob thanks for the comment I get on really well with the Canadian dutch and scotish guys and a lot of british guys but there is always one dosn't matter what company you work for there is one who knows more does more is the best driver and all that crap but its not going to stop me doing my thing I have only had 6 bad comments in 19 months and i got loads of people who follow my blog and they send me messages telling me they enjoy it. take care mate Mike

BOB said...

I mike. I now it only takes one who been there dun it and alot more but nows sweet f all ha mate there all out there some where. on a light note hope you all had a good time and hope you will soon get some where nice for your family. hope you had a good bbq with tj back then it remined me of the one's we have some times it made me put part of one on my blogg page.have a good swimm mate and a safe one when back on the road ...

Garvs11 said...

Hi mike you carry on doing what your doing it has nothing to do with anyone else really are these grown men acting like this,what ever problem they have is there problem not yours.over here in the uk at moment there isnt 1 company around where we are that haven't dropped there wages so this is global.As for the whingeing back stabbers you wrote about previously haven't we all had to deal with them (unfortunately)there the ones who cause problems for everyone else.Great write up from the wife, what your doing sort of mirrors what we'll be doing.My blog is sort of just drifting along till i get over there its garvs11.blogspot.com.and my email is dominic.garvey1@ntlworld.com
Hope to speak soon you keep it up
rgds Dom

Ison said...

Hi mike i just want to say a huge thank you for your blog i look forward to reading your new posts, you give what i think is a normal guys balanced view of life over there and have to thank you because of your blog i've sorted an interview in newcastle in september with H+R which i'm really looking forward too. It's due to the poor attitude over here that i don't like normal trucking and do roadshows instead, can't wait to get over to canada fingers crossed everything go's to plan in newcastle.

englishmike said...

Thanks Ison its great to get replys like yours keep in touch mate and if you need any help let me know i will do my best to help and its called HELP not arse licking at the end of the day I got help from Lyndon when I first came here mike

jag said...

buy this man a pint.well said mike,i couldnt agree more.im over here now,so next time your around,i will buy you a pint(i know you dont drink)
take matey

Anonymous said...

I read a few truck driving blogs and for the most part they are well written. They are about real life. Not everyone is going to find a prefect company even I have issues with my employer but at the end of the day I have a roof over my family clothes on there back and there bellies are full.