Monday 24 August 2009

Truck fixed now

Just a quick one.... my truck was fixed and ready to go at 12pm Sunday. While I was waiting I was looking at the CD players and Freightliner had one on sale for $72 that would fit into my truck with out changing the leads. The best thing about it its got the jack socket on the front so I can plug my Sirius radio in and my i-pod.

I went up to Fargo to fuel up and was going to call it a night there as I don't like driving too late and in the dark. I backed into a slot and it was still light so I looked at my route and said sod it I carried on for another 2.5 hours and parked at a fuel station in a place called Carrington North Dakota. I had a very good nights sleep no wi-fi but I have been on line for the last couple of days so one nights not going to hurt.

I have got to do a very good days driving 700+ miles today as my deliver time has been brought forward till 7am tomorrow. When you cross the Canadian border you flick to Canadian driving rules which means I can drive for 13 hours so I am going to do my best to get as close to Calgary as I can tonight. I have worked it out I can get within about 50 miles of Calgary so it would be a short hop to the deliver point in the morning.

No comments: