Tuesday 7 July 2009

My trip up from Kitchener

I made my way to the Esso garage at Hearst Ontario because I got a message from a guy who works at the garage about how nice it is now that a new owner has taken over and that it had Internet (well I think by now you can tell I like the free wi-fi lolol).


I went in and spoke to them and tried to find out who sent me the message but know one there knew who sent it. I asked about the Wi-fi and they gave me the code so I could use it I went out side but I couldn't get on the net Ispoke to a young lad named JF (he's french and just 16 ) I asked him to reset the modem but he said that would not do it and could he just check my laptop. The first thing I wanted to say was bog off I didn't want some kid to look at it but how glad am I now that he did. He touched a couple of buttons and a few boxes opened up that I have never seen then he typed in a code and found the problem in less than 30 seconds we rebooted my laptop and it worked...wow.


I chatted to this lad it turns out he is a bit of a hacker and knows everything there is to know about computers and he had some better software at home. After his shift he went home and came back at 12am his time to have a better look at my laptop and put on a few programs he gave me a couple of programs that he and his mate made that gets rid of spyware. It worked well, then he ran another program which looked at my registry and there was 111 faults so he cleared them and changed a few things around, he was bloody brilliant.

Now my laptop runs really fast and it connects much faster to the Internet all he charged me was $30 but it was well worth it. So if there are any drivers out there who need their computers looked at go into the Esso at Hearst and ask for JF if he is not there then tell them you are a truck driver and ask if they can ring him and he will come into work. It'll be worth it and he is going to do a service where he puts a program on your laptop, if your in Texas and got a problem you can ring him then he can go on line and with your permission look at your computer while you are watching how cool is that you can sit and watch all your windows open up by someone 2000 miles away!

1 comment:

mickfly said...

Hope you have nothing to hide, as he will be able to see 'everything'.
On a serious note, he could install malicious software on your computer, and even run a back door server on it.

I won't comment about the H&R things mate.

Drive safe.