Tuesday 7 July 2009

Canadian truck drivers

I met another Canadian truck driver on the road we started chatting between Hearst and Longlac his name was Steve, we were chatting about computers films downloading TV programs everything really we stopped for fuel and a shower at Nipigon then he waited for me to get my subway sandwich at Ignace then we drove to Winnipeg we went in and had a milk shake (your fault Val) then left the next day together and ran up to Regina then he went off to Calgary while I went to Saskatoon. It really is nice when you meet new drivers out on the road, there are some great guys over here and some not so great ones! This french guy had a go at me for being in his country lol he told me where to go so I just took the piss out of him I think he is going to kill me if he gets his hands on me lololol.


Every time I chat to Canadian drivers they ask me if I like it over here I tell them the country is great the people are nice until you get them into a motor vehicle! They all laugh at that and say the same thing I told a group of 5 truck drivers the other day what my thoughts were on there car driving test , one guy was laughing so much he chocked on his food his mate was killing himself laughing and was whacking him on his back lol this is my theory on the Canadian car driving test.


It come's in 3 parts. The first bit you have to sit in front of a large TV screen and watch 20 Nascar races. Part 2 they give you an x-box or ps2 and you have to do 100 laps of a Nascar race or F1 race when you have done that you get to go out in a car you have to overtake and undertake 25 cars in a mile. If you do that with out hitting anything then you get your full license! BUT if you can do the same thing while talking on the phone you get your advanced driving licence! I am not being nasty its just a bit of fun but everyone I have told that to they say the same thing the drivers over here are shocking to watch I wish I had a camera on the front of my truck I would get loads of money from you've been framed or police camera action

1 comment:

Driver Dave said...

Your right about them on the phones all the time while driving. My trainer had the cheek to throw fits at me taking pictures with my mobile while I was driving on my first day (well I need blog pictures lol). Even though I was not looking at what I was taking and I kept a perfect driving line each time. Then when it was his turn to drive, he was trying to use his phone. Someone 10x over the limit could have drove straighter lol