Tuesday 14 July 2009

My reset















On my reset I got my truck fixed I bet you can guess what was wrong with it yep it was the tri-pak again! Needed a full service too so I had 2 nights in the Lethbridge Lodge thanks to Penski. The first night was because they could only start servicing my truck at 4.30pm so they gave me a room in the hotel for the night I spent most of my day making a bracket for my laptop as you can see from the pics. I can use Streets and Trips as I am driving along and if I wanted to I could just swivel it around and use it from the passenger seat. If you have a close look at the pics I screwed a metal plate behind my qualcom because we are not allowed to make holes in the dash up a little from there you can see where I had to add a bracket as well but I used the screw that joins the dash together.


The next day I finished off the bracket and just in time for my truck to come out of the work shop. I was just mucking about in the yard doing little bits then went over to my truck only to find my tri-pac had the same fault! I was told to book into the hotel for the night. The next morning I spoke to the fitter who had sorted the tri-pac out and he said it was time to put a new alternator on there and it would only take any hour so I just planned my route for my next trip and went shopping.

4 comments:

Curt said...

haha, thats a good job Mike.

englishmike said...

thank you

mickfly said...

But does it rattle on the trans can?

Wolf said...

every thing rattles on the Trans can 1 Old Crispy, good job on the table lad, and a message from a pal of your I met a few weeks ago, he said to call you "slim" he know you from the container days. Chris is his name , good lad..he driving for a company out of Peg I think, hope we catch in the next 6 months