Saturday 29 November 2008

Back driving in America

The one thing I have found out is I do not like driving in BC too many hills and winding roads. I am on my way to Waterloo now and it has been a very nice drive no hassle no stress just bloody deer running across the road lol. The one thing I really love about this job is you get to see some amazing sights my planned route is to go across US 2 which I had said before I didn't like because of all the starting and stopping but this time there was no road works and it was a nice run but you have to be very careful because of the deer. They like to wait until the last moment then run across in front of you I had 2 very close calls then I came around the bend there was a young deer by the side and the young ones are the ones you have to watch so I came to a full stop the deer looked at me then without a care in the world he just walked across in front of the truck to the other side of the road what a cheek it made me laugh tho. I called it a night at a place called Glendive Montana. In the morning just a short trip to Beech North Dakota to fuel up. While I was there I met another H&R driver called Chris. We chatted on the CB while we drove all the way to Fargo North Dakota we stopped and had a meal in the Flying J. I brought a Sirius satellite radio for my truck because I am getting fed up with hearing only half the song before I lose the radio station so over the next day or 2 I will fit it and get it sorted for my long drive across Ontario. I am parked in Fergus Falls now behind the KFC because I was here last time I know I could get free Internet oh well time for bed its Saturday night I have only got 404.2 miles to go and don't have to be there until 6 am Monday but I will leave here at 4am and get there just after 1pm tomorrow. If there is no trailer then no worries will have time to fit my sat radio and do a couple of little jobs in my truck the cabinet I made for my microwave just needs the drawer finishing off so I can fill it up with crap... like you do! It makes life a lot better in here with this cabinet I made, its just a shame the guys at Freightliner don't use a bit more thought when it comes to making cabinets for trucks instead of just putting in cabinets like they do they should see it from a truck driver's view. My microwave is at the bottom then I have a shelf with my water bottle on and my cups kettle and dishes and a couple of tubs with porridge in and then I have made a drawer so I can put stuff in. All it needs is a paint job and it will look nice my laptop sits nicely on the top (yes I can open my laptop fully).

No comments: