Wednesday 12 November 2008

2nd part of trip

When I got to Butler I was told I had to wait for my trailer to be tipped so I just turned on my TV and watched a couple of DVDs. Then I got a macro telling me to get my trailer washed as I was loading pizzas from a place called Little Chute but by the time my trailer was empty I was out of time so I would have to drive 30 miles south in the morning and then come back past Butler but when i spoke to the night shunter he told me he would wash it for $20 so I got the OK from H&R they were very happy with that so was I! I paid the man and he brought my trailer to me all washed then I spent the night just outside the place.
While I was waiting for my trailer to be emptied I drove to the main gate and asked if there was anywhere to get something to eat the lady told me where the Mac D's and Burger King was I thought great more bloody chips and burgers! I was driving down the main rd just outside the meat plant when I saw a sign saying Butler cafe so I spun around and parked outside I popped in and asked if they was still open and they where so I put some money in the parking meter. It was the best food I have eaten since I have been over here and very cheap with the meal came a pudding but I was so full I turned it down lol (no comments please Lyndon lol). The place was called Butler Cafe so if you are ever that way its well worth it. The next day I left Butler at 4am I got to Little Chute about 5.45am was told to sod off until 6am Monday morning so off around to the truck stop to ring H&R. After a couple of hours drinking coffee was told to go to a place called Wenona in Illinois to swap trailers and take it to Brampton Ontario much better than sitting about for 2 days lol. I got to Wenona to find a note on the door saying which trailer and where my notes were I done a quick drop and swap then checked my Streets & trips to see where I could go for the night would you believe it I had enough time to get to the TA truck stop at Gary Indiana, what a joke that place is. There was about 150 trucks there and 2 showers working, the food was rubbish my main course came before my starters and it was so small I even told the lady I ordered a meal and not a sample which she didn't understand! After I faxed my notes to the broker I told the lady that I have been all over Europe and America and loads of places in Canada and that this truck stop was the worst one I have been to she said she was sorry to hear that at which point I said as long as I have a hole in my butt I will never eat in there again. Then by some fluke the guy said if I wanted a shower he would let me in how could I turn down a nice hot shower, I hate going to bed with betty swollocks lol. The worst was yet to come and unlike my mate George when I get into bed I am asleep within seconds of my head hitting the pillow, the fridge dont keep me awake. Well at 1am I get a knock at my door and there was this dumb woman begging for money I told her to get stuffed. That really pissed me off I had a job to get back to sleep (I know how you feel now George lol ). Next day it was a nice drive to the border I stopped at Wal-Mart to get some pepsi and I walked over to a store called best buy where I spent $85 dollers on a wifi booster so far it has worked well I will let you know more about it once I have given it good a test.

No comments: