Thursday 12 March 2009

To Hell and Back lol

My ex mate (you git lol) Lyndon asked me if I wanted to go to Toronto on the hook with another truck the hook truck was an old Kenworth (I should of asked how old lol). I thought why not it could be fun, hahahaha.... NOT! I had to team up with a driver who smoked and wanted to stop every 5 minutes for a coffee and fag. After our crash course in hooking up 2 trucks they wanted us to leave right away but I said that the pair of us had been up all day and why can't we leave at 4am. In the end they said OK I told the driver we were going at 4am he just poked his tongue out and blew a raspberry then went out the door. At 4am I am sat in the Kenworth waiting for the driver but no sign of him.... until 7.30am! By this time I am well pi--ed off we finally set off at 8am we got up the road and he wants to do is stop for a coffee and fag, then toilet and a fag! Well this went on for a while and the end of the day it was his turn to drive and my turn to sleep well you can't sleep in that truck so at midnight I said lets call it a night and I slept in my truck and left the next morning at 6am after stop starting for the next few hours I said something to the driver about his driving after that he never spoke. Then it was my turn to drive again I drove to Hearst Ontario but just before we got there we had a row I lost it big time I had a right go at him but by the time we got to Hearst I had calmed down... maybe I should have stopped for a fag lol! I felt bad and said I was sorry for the way I had a go at him he was fine with that and the next day we got on very well and had a great laugh. When we got to the new yard at Brampton it was raining but we still unhooked the trucks. What a joke that was, forgeting everything we'd been shown. Mind you we were only shown how to hook-up not un-hook 2 hours later we were both soaking wet. We drove to the husky and stayed there the night. After driving that Kenworth my truck was like driving a Rolls Royce. Now I bet I get a few messages about how great them old trucks are all I can say is yes they were once..... about 30 bloody years ago! I spoke to an American female truck driver who said she hates automatic trucks I asked her what she had driven, she said she hadn't and didn't want to! I have driven automatic trucks for the last 6 years and I love them, like they say each to their own.
My truck, unhooked, on the way back to Calgary. On the trip there and back I saw loads of them Skidoo (snowmobiles) the Canadian people now how to have fun. I took loads of pics and a couple of video clips I will add them on my next post because its time for bed.

2 comments:

Lyndon said...

okay mike, apart from all that, was it an enjoyable trip 8-)

englishmike said...

it was ok mate would of been better with a better hook truck