Tuesday 24 March 2009

Ran with George

I took a loaded trailer to Vancouver and before getting there I got a message from my new dispatch guy saying there was a trailer waiting for me in the Delta yard to go to Edmonton. I went in did a quick swap then met Colin. He showed me where the weigh bridge was because my gauge was reading 80lbs and its never been that heavy before. I weighed 37,000 lbs on the drives and 97,500 total so I was good to go. I stopped and had something to eat with Colin then as I left I saw another H&R truck I looked at the number it was 2116 my buddy George. We had a quick chat on the CB and he said he will meet me at Chilliwack. His truck is a lot faster than mine so he turned up about 40 minutes after me there was a spot next one over from my truck a few drivers tried to back in but gave up George turned up and backed in with no problem at all (all that Tesco shunting lol). We went in and had a coffee and chat (he is still a moaning git lol) joke! We left the next day and ran to Kamloops together I was very heavy and he was light (no jokes about the body thank you) I have ran with loads of drivers over the years but they leave you when you are going slow but George stayed behind me all they way what a nice guy! We stopped for breakfast then we fueled up at Kamloops. Its nice when you run with someone you know. There are loads of drivers here but the chances of you running with someone is like me.....very slim lol. Don't know if you can tell from my tone but I am a lot happier now I have a very good dispatch guy (Wayne) who knows how to treat drivers and looks after them he has kept me so busy I have not had much time to update my blog.

No comments: