Saturday 14 March 2009

Little work = little pay

The work is slow over here, the first 2 weeks money I got after tax was $418 then the next pay cheque was for $647.29 then my last cheque for the month was $958, do the math and for a months work it comes to just over $2023.29, an average of $505.82 a week.
Change that into English money it works out just over £250 a week I never turned any work down. Its a good job I don't have to send money home. The first 3 months I earned not bad money because I could go into America oh well only another month until I renew my visa. I have asked for work but it has fallen on deaf ears. Very soon I will be begging for work so guess who will be doing the wacky jobs they come up with meeeee lol. Coming over here was never about the money but all this siting around waiting for crumbs of work is starting to drive me bonkers. I send a message to my dispatcher and I get no reply, they don't care what we earn and why should they they get paid every week and go home at 5pm. I am not the only driver sitting and waiting for work I think this is what you call taking the rough with the smooth my first 3 months was the smooth now its my turn for the rough.

6 comments:

Dave Caldwell said...

So what happens when all the new guys start to arrive later in the year Mike if there is not enough work now?

englishmike said...

Hello Dave I just think its the time of the year it was the same in the UK feb-march was always slow and it dosn't help me not able to go into America. We will see next month after I have got my visa from the American Embassy. Hows it going with your new Job I have seen many of your trucks about but not bumped into you yet Mike

Dave Caldwell said...

Mike new job is going well so far. I have a different problem than yours in that we are so busy the next couple of months that there aren't enough trailers.
I wanted to go back tomorrow morning but they wont have any trailers available till the afternoon or maybe even Tuesday.
Good luck mate

ps my truck is #155

englishmike said...

ok mate will keep an eye open for you on the road

Anonymous said...

hi mike i think you have come down with a bit of a bump,it will be like this from now on you had the good start now down to reality with or without your visa,but the money will go up a bit when you get the visa,welcome to the club.

Anonymous said...

has there been any drivers ariving from ireland or uk for training and got there licence and are still sitting around with no work, p.s any word on edd from ireland whats he at