Monday 29 December 2008

To Texas or not

I got back from my trip to LA with Mick what a great trip that was and what a nice guy Mick is, I have been chatting to him and Cath for a while on the Internet and you never know what a guy is like until you spend a week with him (poor Cath) lol but Mick is a very likable guy we had a lot of fun and loads of banter between us. One night we were having such a laugh it was about 1.45am when we said good night we were going to take a couple of pics the next morning that would of made a few people laugh but I was knackered because the northern twat kept me awake lololol. I wish we did take the pics now but never mind.
Well we got back to the yard Mick got his stuff out of the truck and went back to the hotel I went upstairs to pick up my paper work and ace for Texas it was a bond load for Mexico. I had to go into the Canadian side at the border to drop off paper work then the American side but no meat inspection I drove as far as I could in my time then had a good day the next day (Sunday). I left Denver Monday morning to drive down to Amarillo to fuel up when the macro machine in the cab beeped telling me I had to swap loads (I bet you can't guess all the words I screamed) I miss read the message so after having a fit on them and throwing all my toys out of the window (I lost nearly $500 by swapping loads) I stopped and read the message again it turns out the reason I was given the job was because they thought I still had Mick with me and the job needed a team on it not a single driver its just one of those things, no-ones fault mistakes happen, so after watching a couple of films the team turned up and we swapped trailers. I got as far as Dodge City Kansas I am on my way to Tulsa Oklahoma (oh well at least I can tick Kansas off my list of States that I have been to). I have been given a pre plan for my reload which is Denton Texas which is just above Dallas I know the place because its where me and Lyndon got our reload when I was on my mentor trip and its going to Kelowna the best place in Canada. Looks like the job is going to turn out OK after all! Then when I get back to the yard it will be time to empty all my stuff out of the truck then catch a plane home to England. I am going home for a month to see my family I have been away from them for 4 months, it's been tough and now and its time for a break. I'll not stay away from them this long again it will be every 3 months then home for 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol, you soft southern puff you were too scared to frolic in the deep snow in your skiddys for a funny picture, so don't blame me lol!
A good time was had Mike, thanks, and sorry about the Texas run, we both assumed I was done for the week.

Have a great trip home if we don't see you and Happy New Year mate.