Saturday 3 January 2009

Tulsa to Kelowna

I got into Tulsa Oklahoma on Monday the 30th. As soon as I got there I was backed on to the dock and tipped within 1 hour then I worked out that I had enough hours to get down to Denton in Texas. I have been there before I knew I would get loaded as soon as I turned up because they load 24/7 It was a quick load then pulled outside to find a place to eat and park up. I looked at my route to Kelowna worked out the miles and time I worked it out if I went flat out for 3 days I could cross the border in the 7 days then once I crossed into Canada I could roll my hours and would still be able to drive, but on the way the weather turned bad which slowed me down. There is a stretch of road between Wyoming and Colorado that gets very windy, on the way down I saw 4 trucks on their side (I left my camera in my drawer other wise I would of got some pics) but on this stretch going north I saw one truck that had gone off the road and another on it's side this time I took some pics but not very good!
When I crossed into Montana the weather turned really bad, very high winds and loads of heavy snow. I got pulled in at Butte by the guys on the weigh bridge they wanted to see everything, they even put my hours and miles in their computer to see if I was fiddling but found nothing. He asked me where I was going (even tho he had my delivery notes in his hand)! I told him I was going to Kelowna but I had run out of hours and didn't have time to make it to the border so I was stopping at Spokane Washington for a reset (I should of switched to 120 hours at the start of the week but I didn't know what job I was doing). When I left the weigh bridge I had to fuel at the Flying J. It was going to be a quick stop but I had to ring H&R and tell them I had to have a reset and was told the load was not booked until Monday so once I had my reset I was told to deliver the load. I was just about to go outside when it started to snow heavy and the wind picked up and you couldn't see a thing outside so I stopped and had lunch. About 40 mins later it stopped and the sun came out so off I went but it was very strong winds which slowed me down a lot so I could not make Spokane I got as far as Post falls Idaho.
I am now sat in the Flying J (with the slowest internet service ever) I like eating in here but only the buffet because the other meals are so small you still feel hungry when you leave but this J doesn't have the buffet so I have eaten my emergency supply of food (just hope I don't get stuck somewhere lol). My reset will be up at 6am tomorrow so when I leave here it will still be dark but by the time I get to the Coulee Dam it will be light so I am going to stop and take some pics. When I came this way with Lyndon it was too dark so couldn't take any pics and it looked a fantastic place so I hope it looks just as good in the light!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shame you had to break into your emergency two for one dollarama soups lol.

Drive safely.