Sunday 21 December 2008

A bit about me

I don't know why I am telling people this about me but maybe if people know then they might understand why I like to be on my own. I have 2 brothers and a sister, when I was very young my mum couldn't cope with all of us so one had to go and that was me! I was first put into a horrible foster home when I was about 4 then I was put into a boarding school at the age of 5. One day my dad called into the school in his truck to see me I was really happy to see him (what 5 year old wouldn't be happy)! He gave me two bag of sweets and then left. I started to cry so 2 older boys gave me a beating, stole my sweets and promised another beating should I cry again like a baby. So after that I built up barriers. I kept myself to myself finding a more private place to cry to stop another beating! This went on for many years the barriers I built up around me kept me safe but it also made it hard for me to make friends as getting close means breaking down the barriers! So lets put the violins away now.......

When I came to work for H&R I kept myself to myself (as i have my whole life). I have made a few chosen friends here but I still like to be on my own at times. I have also found that I've learn' t a lot about people over the years and prefer to quietly suss them out and let them get on with it rather than me joining in. So hopefully you will now understand when I tell you how pissed off I was feeling today when I got a phone call from Steve.

Steve had a phone call from a drivers wife saying that H&R had lied to them at there interview and that they had also lied to me, she used my name! Steve rang me to ask me what lies did H&R tell me. I said I didn't know what the hell he was on about. He then explained what this woman had told him.....it was total crap what she said! At first he wouldn't give me names but in the end he did tell me, then the penny dropped, I told him what was said.

When I started with H&R there were 2 other guys starting the same time as me both married and with their wives. I met one couple because they were on the same plane as me and they are a really nice couple. The other couple we met the next day, they came over to us and as soon as he started to speak my built in twat detector started to beep lol!! All they were doing was slagging off H&R saying how they lied to them at the interview (reading between the lines I think they wanted to be met at the airport with a band playing and a red carpet with rose petals on) All I said was that everything H&R told me at the interview had come true so it was not fair for me to make a comment about their interview. By this time my built in twat detector (and barriers) was going off big time so I said I had something important to do and left them to it. I did bump into the guy a few times because we did the training at the same time and all he did was moan about H&R. I did feel like telling him where to go but it was easy just to give him a wide berth. No more was ever said about the interviews so I was surprised at what Steve said on the phone but he knows how happy I am here (except the cold truck)! The good thing is what I said was said in front of the other couple so they'd be able to back me up. But just for the record everything that was told to me at the interview has been 100% spot on. But it made me fuming! Because this spineless driver (who gets his wife to fight his battles) can't make it work over here they drag someone else into their fight. For some reason he is not earning the money (maybe he should get his wife to drive)! Well from what I know about the guy he is just not the type to make it here or anywhere he will be gone soon. From day one he wanted to leave I'm actually surprised he's still here. As far as money goes I picked up my wage slip today I have been here 4 months now 1month was training so for just 9 weeks I have grossed a few dollars short of $13,000 so I am doing OK and when I take the hand brake off I should earn some more lol. Now maybe you can understand why I want to be on my own I have not spoken to this couple for nearly 3 months but they use my name like that!

As for working for H&R it is a very good job I've got a 2007 truck I have seen some fantastic sights and I have earned some good money. The only moan I have had was how cold the truck got but they are now taking the idle cut out off the trucks so when it get very cold we can idle the trucks to keep warm.

There are 2 types of people in this world.... there's the go getter's and everyone else. So please if anyone else want's to moan about H&R fine, thats up to you but leave me out of it, if I've got anything to say to H&R I'll do it myself thankyou very much just leave me, to go get and you just get going (pref back to the uk)!!

4 comments:

Lyndon said...

Thats scary stuff about another family using your name in vain.

Glad you got it all squared away with Steve.

englishmike said...

I am glad it was sorted. see you keep away from trouble but trouble will find you see your off for a week now lucky you lol hows the banK balance are you saving enough to do your garden.

Anonymous said...

How did you get on with that electric heater that you bought a few weeks ago? Did it work?

The gritters were out on the M25 a few nights ago, it was very cold, +9c!! Think that the gritter drivers just wanted some overtime for Christmas. Bless 'em.

englishmike said...

the electric heater works well