Tuesday 2 December 2008

2nd part of trip

Got to Waterloo did the normal thing, drop and swap then stayed in the Flying J while they sorted me out a job. The next morning I was told to get the trailer washed out then go to little chute to load Pizza for Calgary. Had a look at map book to see which was the best way to go took one look and said sod it, I typed the address into my sat nav and let it find the best route, it got me to the trailer wash first then to the loading point. I don't know what I would have done with out my sat nav. I first used one a couple of years ago when we were on holiday in Florida and was amazed at how good it was. It was a Garmin so when I got back to the UK I brought one and used that for about a year then I wanted to get all the maps for America and Europe but it would have cost so much. I brought a wide screen Garmin (loads of money) with all the maps on it, it does all of Europe, America, Canada and Mexico, wouldn't want to take a wrong turn now would I lol!!
When I turned up to load at Little Chute there was an H&R driver already there waiting to load he came over & it was Chris the guy who I ran with to Fargo, We chatted while we got loaded he was going to wait for me at the truck stop up the road but when he got there there was no room (at the inn) so he went to the next stop. When I got loaded I went to park but no room for me either and no Chris so I too went to the next stop but still didn't see him.
Got up in the morning sent my macros and had a bowl of rice krispies (saving me a fortune) that one bowl kept me going all day. I got a macro from H&R saying I needed to send the broker a form I forgot to send so I stopped quick & sent the form then rang. A guy at H&R Rick told him I had sent it so he rang the broker while I was on the line. First time I have ever had a 3 way phone call and everything is sorted for me to cross the boarder back into Canada. Then I made my way up to Fargo and met Chris so we are going to run up to Calgary together. I am just doing a quick update on my blog with my free Internet from the Flying J (they don't know I am getting it for free) lol I knew if I kept at it I would find a way of getting free Internet from the J (and no I am not telling lololol) ok have to make a move soon so chat soon byeeeeeeeeee

No comments: