Saturday 6 December 2008

On Thursday I dropped my trailer in Calgary yard and waited for a loaded trailer to Lethbridge. I had to get my truck in for a service and a few little jobs to be done, on Friday the truck had to go to Freightliner because it needed a new ECM (computer) so I had a night in the Sandman while it was getting fixed. I only had a short run (667 miles ) to a place called Sumner in Washington for Monday at 10am so I was planning on leaving after my service on Saturday. I had plenty of time I wanted to take it easy and do a bit of sight seeing lol, while I was there I popped into dispatch to say hi and told them I will be good to go in a couple of hours and if there was any problems with any loads I could change jobs if they needed me to as I had plenty of time. Well what a stroke of luck (sorry driver lol) a driver broke down and they couldn't get him fixed until Monday so they asked me if I would like to go to Phoenix Arizona I looked at the guy with a big smile on my face and said 'what do you think' lol. So he sorted out my Ace while my truck was getting a wash and once I picked up my trailer and fuelled up and scaled my load (yes I did Bruce).
I was off down to the border it was empty and as my load was only Burger King fries there was no inspection it was the fastest crossing yet took all of 10 minutes. As everyone knows I like to start early so I have parked at Shelby Montana for the night so I can start early tomorrow I have 1300 miles to do and I have just over 2 days to do it so up early and if there is no traffic (sorry thinking of England again lol) there will be no reason why I can't do over 600 miles tomorrow its all down the I15 until you get 3/4 of the way through Utah ( that will make it 33 states) so with no hold ups should be easy. I have never been down this way with a truck or car so once I come off the I15 I don't know what the road will be like so hopefully the US 20 to page and the US 89 to Flagstaff will be a good fast road, by Monday night I could be in Phoenix or very close to it. Hope the weather is nice down there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the 20 to page is really really slow. uphill for what seems like forever. Once you get to the top the elevation is over 8000 feet. the 89 is also lots of ups and downs as its canyon country, very scenic. its quicker to forget about the 20 and get on the 89 around salt lake

Lyndon said...

Hey Mike

we still got that DVD of yours, i'll keep it in the truck and pass it over to you when we meet up

Lyndon

englishmike said...

Hi Chad thanks mate I done what you said the road was great no hold ups at all