Monday 22 June 2009

My Cassie's big day

Wow I can't believe its my daughters prom today and tomorrow she signs out of school for good I feel very sad and upset that I could not be there but everyone knows why I am here. Blimey it only seems like yesterday that I held her in my arms 2 minutes after she was born and feeding her there are so many stories I could tell about her but I think the best time was when she used to come with me in the truck the first time I think she was about 9 months old I had to change her nappy and the only baby changing facilities were in a ladies toilet at a services so they closed it off for 5 minutes while I changed her. I could hear some ladies moan but when I walked out with her in my arms they all made a fuss of her.

Another time when she was about 4-5 we went to London there was no rush so we went across the Woolwich ferry while we were waiting there was a snack van there so I got a hot dog and Cassie loved bacon and egg sandwich so I got her that. The guy said he only had large ones I said that's OK knowing full well I would finish it of for her lol as it was for my daughter the guy said he would only charge me 1 pound even better! We sat back in the truck I had finished my hot dog and all I could smell was this bacon and egg so I looked over at Cassie and she only had a small bit left I said to her wheres daddy's bit she looked at me and said you never gave me any of yours so you not having mine then she stuffed the last bit in her mouth!! I just burst out laughing and every time I see or hear of a bacon and egg roll I think of that day and it makes me smile.

I used to take her a lot with me when she was young and she loved it. We had to take a load to Heathrow airport so we sat there for about 4 hours watching the planes take off then when I was tipped we drove home on the way home I looked down and saw a lady in the car next to me had hooked her skirt right up and was showing off her legs I just said f--king hell at which point Cassie said 'DAD' I forgot she was there lol. I said sorry babe its daddy being naughty I was just looking at the ladies legs when we got home Dee picked her up at sat her on the side and asked if she had a nice day there was loads of things she could of said like we saw Concorde take off or loads of other things nope she said she had a good dad but daddy was naughty he was looking at the ladies legs lololol what a cow lololol.

I have a sweet tooth and when Cassie was young she couldn't open her sweets so she would ask me all the time I would tell her she had to pay a tax on me opening them for her which was 1 sweet lololol the last time I went home for her 16th birthday I asked if she could get me a can of coke from the cupboard she brought it in to me stood in front of me and said you have to pay the tax dad then she opened it up and took a big mouth full I just burst out laughing.

There are loads more things I could say but I don't want to bore you. I grew up in children's homes and boarding schools I had nothing I was on my own, me and Dee made sure her girls and Cassie never went without. A lot of people said I spent to much on Cassie and I would turn her into a spoilt brat I gave her the things I always wanted when I was a kid but she has turned out a lovely young lady she has loads of friends she is very kind and will share anything. Me and Dee are so proud of her and I miss her so much. Have a great prom babe xx

1 comment:

andy said...

sounds like an ideal girl mike.you can certainly tell there is a lot of love there.
hope her prom goes well