Tuesday 9 June 2009

Back in the USA

My first trip in a long time to America is to a place called Clackamas in Oregon a state that is not on my list yet.... thanks to my dispatch guy for sorting it out for me.


I picked up the trailer from the yard (cat litter) and had to cross at Eastport (a place I have not been to as well) it was a nice scenic route lovely and green with loads of lakes the road was very bendy which had me jumping on the brakes a lot but I had one of the brand new trailers with disc brakes and super wide tyres.


I had to work wonders with the axles because I am on my maxium weight on each axle so I won't be topping up my tanks just yet! lol.


When I got to the border I had to go and park up and walk back and get my i94 it took the guy over an hour to sort it he had problems with the computer. When you have been in trouble with the law you have to get a B1/B2 visa (even if it was over 20 years ago) but they still have to put you in their computer and you go on what he told me was a watch list but he hit the wrong button and I was put on the most wanted list lololol. So he had to sort that out but my reward for waiting so long was my i94 lasts for 1 year instead of the 3 months all the law abiding people get lol. (its just not fair lololol)


I only had about 1.25 hours to drive so I got down to a place called Ponderay Crossing and found an old superstore that is closing down and there were a few trucks parked in there and a 6 motel there so I am connected to their Internet (another to add to my list).

1 comment:

mickfly said...

Eyup Mike,
Gave Phil Gath (trilby Phil) your car keys, so he will get them back to you when he returns to canada.
Thanks again for the loan.

Drive safe.