Saturday 20 June 2009

Making good time for Las Vegas

I thought I would take it nice a steady today but when I got to my point where I was going to park for the night it seemed such a waste to stop so I carried on until I done my 11 hours of driving. I still feel like I could do a couple of more hours but rules are rules.



I left Great Falls at 7am and drove to Dads truck stop I have never mentioned this truck stop before, this is the only truck stop in the whole of north America that gives free showers to H&R drivers. The staff are great the place is very clean the showers are fantastic its got a big TV room for the drivers they have 4 washers and dryers, there is a large store for drivers where you can buy allsorts for your truck. The food is good and it is well worth stopping in there AND there's a Subway sandwich shop that gives drivers 10% off :-).



I stopped there for 45 minutes had a quick shower then made my way down to Salt Lake City. I stopped for fuel and done a little trick Lyndon showed me.... I short filled my truck (50 gallons)to get a free shower and will stop in another Flying J in the morning to get another free shower on my card lol.... its the only way to get a few showers on your card.



I have stopped at a place called Springville just south of Salt Lake City. I just looked at my streets and trips and I have only got 372.7 miles to drive to Las Vegas so I am going to leave here at 4.30am I will short fill again at the Flying J then I will fill both my tanks when I get to Vegas. I'll have a shower and go and find this hotel where trucks park just by the strip so with my fueling up and quick shower I should be parked up about 10.30am and will not leave until I have had a fully 24 hours off. On Monday there is a 1950's style dinner called Peggie Sue's where film stars pop in on there way to or from Las Vegas. I have missed this place twice the last time I was with Mick (& Cath) it was closed... OK fair do's it was Christmas day lol... I will be taking loads of pics to show you what a great day I had lolololol.

No comments: