Sunday 11 January 2009

The flight home

I boarded the plane at Calgary on time but as usual we had to wait for a family to move there lazy arse and get on the plane we took off 45 minutes late but the pilot tried to make up some of the time on route. It was very foggy at Heathrow so we had to fly in a circle for an hour until there was a slot for us to land. On the way over I was wondering where I would get caught in my first traffic jam on the M25 or M3 or M27 but boy was I surprised when we landed there was a plane stuck in the terminal where our plane was due so we had to sit at the side of the runway for 45 minutes while they de-iced the wings of the other plane. I travelled light so I didn't waste time getting my bags and was met by my wife and daughters. Then I drove home with no hold ups at all but it felt funny driving home I kept driving over the line on my near side. When we pulled up at my house my wife went in to let our dog out as you can see she was very happy to see me.

It took her 20 minutes to calm down and she has not left my side since. while I have been in Canada I have not had a gravy dinner so last night my wife made me my favourite dinner which was faggots and mash with peas swede and carrots. Today Dee is cooking a nice sunday roast dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, you were right about the dog then lol.
Have a great time mate.

Tony T said...

Hi Mike,
Welcome back to the UK.
My dog is like that after i'm away for 4 nights a week can you imagine what she would be like after 4 months !!!!!
Have a good break & rest.
Tony T

Bert Bucket said...

Welcome back to Brown's Britain Mike. You should of thrown your passport, drivers licence, credit cards etc away on the flight over. Then when you got to Heathrow you would of been fast tracked into a council house and All the benifits that you are not intilted to.

Bet that you can not wait to get back to Canada, I know that April can not come soon enough for me.

Bert.