Thursday 9 October 2008

Wow a Big thanks to Lyndon

I have just got back from my mentor trip with Lyndon. My first trip was to San Antonio in Texas. Then we had a trip up to Kelowna in BC. Then back to Calgary then back to the yard at Lethbridge. It was Lyndons job to show me what to do at the border and other things H&R want us new drivers to know. Lyndon showed me a lot more, where to get the free showers where the best places to park up for the night etc etc. We got on very well and we had a good laugh. We took over 400 pics so when I have had a good sleep I will put them online so everyone can see. Driving a truck around America has been a 30 year dream of mine ever since my dad took me to see Convoy when I was a 12 year old lol. One thing is for sure it was like a dream... driving in America the roads were great and no hold ups, didn't even get held up loading or unloading. Maybe I was just very lucky for the first trip. Mind you I was spoilt a bit, my first 2 days shunting trailers from Lethbridge to Calgary was done in a new freightliner Cascadia and my mentor trip was also done in a new Cascadia so I think that will be my last drive in one of those trucks for a while but I did get to have a look in a freightliner Columbia and I can't wait to get my own truck. I will be more than happy driving a Columbia there is so much room inside them. I was gobsmacked at how beautiful British Columbia is, it was hot and sunny. Just before we crossed the border into BC Lyndon said 'whats that moving in the ditch' when we got close it was 2 young wolves..... what amazing site that was. After we crossed the border I kept saying 'wow' I could not believe what I was seeing. Lyndon told me a few guys from the internet said he was living in a dream world after some of the things he has posted in the past, well I can tell you one thing it was like a dream, America and BC are full of amazing sites as you will see when I get around to posting my pics. As for Lyndon he has a dream like most people that have come to Canada and he is very lucky he has lived his dream for the last 18months. I have just started to live mine and I cant wait for my family to join me. I got in touch with Lyndon before I came over here and he has helped me out like he has helped so many others out so why do people knock him for that. The last thing I will say about him.......any new drivers coming over here to work for H&R if you need to know anything just ask him, the guy will do anything to help you out . So my last thing before I shower and go to bed is THANK YOU VERY MUCH LYNDON I HAD A GREAT TIME MATE.

5 comments:

didster7 said...

hi mike,
glad to hear you are enjoying youself and hope everthing goes allright for you. i to will be joining H&R in feb/march, now i have found your blog i have added it to my favorites so i will be following you on your travels, keep living the dream, hopefully see you soon (feb/march).
all the best dave.

englishmike said...

Hi Dave welcome to H&R I have only been out on one trip at the moment and the sites you see are just fantastic I will be posting all my pics soon so keep looking mike

Lyndon said...

Thanks Mike

Glad you enjoyed it, yep we had a great time but that was definitely the last pudding LOL.

Safe Journeys Matey !

Graham Parks said...

Hi Mike,im chatting on msn to ya Lord and master LOL Lyndon.. Please dont praise him to much it tends to go to his head... Any way have fun and enjoy it here..

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the chat on Skype, we are looking forward to the pics going up on your blog and I will have to try to get Lyndon as a mentor when I get over.