Saturday 25 October 2008

Negative stories about H&R on the net

I didn't want to write about H&R on my blog but a few guys have sent me e-mails asking me if the stories you read on the net about H&R are true. A few drivers out there are worried about some of the bad things that they have read. All I can say is remember there are always 2 sides to a story. I never bothered about the stories myself. I came out here with an open mind to try H&R for myself I have been here about 7 weeks now and everything that was told to me in the interview has been spot on. I love this job and the people who know me well also know I have spent a lot of money over the years driving from one side of America to the other well now I'm doing the same but getting paid for it. Yes you do have to turn the wheels to earn over here but its easy. How many times have you heard guy's moaning about their wages being crap, constant moan moan moan yet they want to be home every night don't want to drive here there or anywhere and can't go a few miles without a tea break and they wonder why they're not earning!!! Some of the things they do here is not what we do in the UK but hey guess what.... we're not in the UK anymore! You will have to work their way. Its been hard for me at times because I have been driving for 20 years and doing it my way now I have to do it their's but I love it. You have to really want this job like I did. If some shit story you read on the net puts you off then 20 years down the line you will always wonder 'what if'. All I can say is find out for yourself, give it ago. By the way... I read the same stories and I have not seen anything to back them up, if you get on and work you get more work if you don't want to work then the good jobs go to the guys who want too, it make sense. Look at it from H&R's view, why should the fussy drivers who pick and choose get the good runs when it suits them! That is one good thing about H&R if you work well and want to work then they give you loads of work. Just answer this question... why would H&R bring you over here if all they want to do is muck you about when you get here. At the end of the day H&R are a company who need drivers and there's plenty of work if you want to WORK. And anyway how many times have you sat in a mess room listening to the same moans from the same drivers who have worked for the same company for years! We all know when you get a group of drivers together there is always someone bitching about something or someone. It seems to me if the driver can't get his own way then its time to slag the company off on the net. Another thing, for the first few weeks when you start to earn you might not think you have earned much thats because of they way the jobs overlap pay weeks but after a month or so you should start to see how your money is worked out. One week you might get $500 the next week you might get $600 but the third week you could get $2000 it all depends on when you get your paper work in, if you work on the fact that over a month if you work well you should be getting about $4000 a month in your bank.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A triple whammy of posts Mike!
I fee the same about working over there as you do, but it should be even easier with me having Cath along for the ride.
If you see me on Skype, I have a couple of questions for you please.
We are over on the 3rd Dec so hope to have a coffee at some point, and Lyndon already invited us for a barbie.

Goodwin said...

Hi Mike glad to see you are enjoying it & your comments are spot on.

People that posses P.M.A. will progress in life, & you posses this big time, well done.

Look forward to meeting you all sometime soon on the road.

didster7 said...

Hi mike
i read you got your truck then and been let loose on your own, i have read the negatives and i am taking no notice of them as some people could have the best job and pay in the world and still find something to moan about.i also am a early morning person and when i was at my interview i was basicely told i can please myself as long as i got the job done on time,-8 in your t-shirt, you must still be buzzing from all the excitement lol.
you drive safe and steady and hopefully see you soon (only 4 months to go)

cheers dave

George A said...

so Whats the truck number or are you keepin it a secert cos you got a new one !!!!!!!!!!!

englishmike said...

hi George didn't want to give out my number in case you gave it out to all the lot lizards lol my number is 3165

englishmike said...

Hi Cath the guys here tell me when its -45 outside the night heater can only get the air coming in warm so i got one of these little heaters to keep me warm i will take a pic of it to show you mike ps tell mick to use a better word than telling everyone your coming for a ride lololol