Saturday 11 October 2008

Hope you liked the pics

As you can see from the pics it can be sunny one minute then snowing the next and then sunny again. Its a bit of a slower drive from Kelowna but the views are stunning. On the whole trip we only got caught up in slow traffic a couple of times, amazing!. Lyndon took most of the pics whilst I was driving, sadly, even though there's a lot, there's only a fraction of photo's compared with the veiws we saw.
I am sat back in the Sandman hotel in Lethbridge at the moment and the weather is sunny but its turned cold. I went up to Wal-Mart today as I only brought summer clothes with me so I spent loads on buying clothes for the winter. I got back to the hotel I forgot to get a scarf hat and gloves (what an idiot) so I jumped back on the bus, by this time it was getting really cold so when I got out of the shop I put everything on, I looked like I was about to do a bank raid, the only part of me showing was my eyes! When I got back to the hotel the manager laughed and stated the obvious..... 'you're feeling the cold then Mike'.
I'm being picked up at 7.45am (Saturday) to do some shunting over the next 3 days then I have to go in the class room for 3 days to learn more about H&R. I'll then be given my fuel cards and let loose on my own in what will be my truck which I am so looking forward to.

2 comments:

George A said...

Great pics looks like you had a good trip glad its going well. Covered a few miles myself this last week or 2. Take care George

Ps. If you have not got your load locks yet The Road Ranger at Waterloo has them on offer $19.99

Mick Flynn Images said...

Hi Mike
Me and Mick had a good look through your pics. We cannot wait to get over there, looks good.